Ocotea essential oil is sourced from the Ocotea Tree which can be found in Ecuador. This essential oil, which smells almost exactly like cinnamon, can have a number of different benefits on the human body. In this article I want to look at a few benefits of Ocotea essential oil and discuss what the oil is.
Ocotea essential oil comes from a species of plants known as ‘Lauraceae’- This is the same species as cinnamon (and about 50 other plants for that matter). Ocotea is the one which has the most real therapeutic benefit however. The essential oil, which comes from the branches and leaves of the tree, tends to be far less toxic than other options out there.
One of the main reasons as to why people opt for Ocotea essential oil is down to the fact that it is an absolutely fantastic anti-inflammatory. This means that it will stop the immune system from flaring up quite so bad. This makes the essential oil absolutely perfect for those who suffer from conditions such as psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis, to name a few.
In addition to this; studies have demonstrated time and time again that Ocotea Essential Oil is ideal for those who suffer from diabetes or other conditions where it may be difficult to keep blood sugar levels in sync. Just a small drop of this essential oil under the tongue each and every day is known to help level out blood sugar. It is however worth noting that the Ocotea essential oil is not a miracle solution. It is instead something which can have a benefit.
There are a number of other slightly more ‘minor benefits’ to having some Ocotea essential oil around the home. This can include:
- Analgesic. This basically means that if you are injured, perhaps through an insect bite, you will be able to apply the essential oil directly to the impacted area and it will numb it for you.
- Antibacterial: This means that you will be able to use the essential oil to clean up cuts and scrapes. This will help stop it from becoming infected and thus speed up the body’s repair process.
- Can help deal with certain digestive conditions. Many people use this particular essential oil as an anti-diarrhea product. In some situations it is also able to help with constipation.
- Treatment of hypoglycaemia
- Various stress related conditions can be dealt with by using Ocotea essential oil. This includes headaches and the like. Basically the essential oil will help you to ‘relax’.
Remember; if you wish to benefit from the usage of Ocotea essential oil then it is absolutely vital that you take the time to find a reputable vendor of the product. After all; you want the purest Ocotea essential oil possible otherwise there is absolutely no guarantee that it will have any benefit on your day to day life.